Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Slow Cooker Recipe: Mrs. Susan's Pot Roast with Mushroom Gravy


I hope that you have discovered the wonders of the crock pot. The slow cooker. The magical dinner that cooks itself.

While the hubs is a great sport and eats my healthy menu experiments, he still loves meat-and-potato type meals.  Of course, I must indulge him once and a while. 

One of his favorite meals is something his mom used to make: crock pot roast with mushroom gravy.  This recipe is delicious and incredibly easy.  I highly recommend it!

Ingredients: 
  • Roast--whichever kind you prefer
  • Button mushrooms, cut in half--I usually get a tub of them
  • A handful or so of coarsely chopped onion
  • 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 cans of french onion soup
I usually half this recipe since I'm normally cooking for two.  

Preparation:

Put all ingredients in slow cooker and turn on low.  In 6 or so hours, done!  I usually chop up the roast (or sometimes steak) into bite sized pieces--per request of the husband.



I like to serve the roast with brown rice (gotta make it a little healthy).  But, you could also serve it with some mashed potatoes or pasta.  I probably should've served it with a salad, but I forgot lettuce at the store (man, I wish I had a garden!).

What is your favorite crock pot recipe?

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm, that looks delicious! I'll have to try it sometime if I can get my hubby to try mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good. Just make it and don't tell him there's mushrooms in it.

    ReplyDelete